We are very pleased that we are now able to run a limited schedule of cruises for the rest of the 2021 season from Beccles.
We have implemented procedures to minimise risk from Covid-19 including boat cleaning, crew wearing masks and actions to minimise handling of cash. Read the details here.
We will continue to monitor developments and react as necessary to ensure the safety of passengers and crew.
(Please note - all photographs show pre-Covid-19 cruises)
Cruise from Beccles
Hippersons Boatyard, Gillingham Dam, Beccles, NR34 0EB
Cruise from Beccles starting at Waveney Stardust’s home in the Southern Broads, based in family run Hippersons Boatyard.
Beccles Cruise Schedule2021 Wed 17th August to Tue 17th December
Our Beccles home is best reached via Gillingham off the A146 Norwich to Lowestoft road.
This Google Map shows the location and you can use ‘Directions’ from your location.
Using a Satnav? The post code should locate Hippersons accurately. If you get lost ring the Skipper on 07999 99999.
Directions from the A146
- Turn off the A146 into Loddon Road at Gillingham
- From Beccles, follow signs on the A146 towards Norwich and it is the first left turning
- From Norwich on the A146 or Great Yarmouth on the A143 it is the first right turn after the roundabout on the A146 at Gillingham (with a Macdonalds and BP Garage)
- Drive through and out of Gillingham village
- After about 1/4 mile you will see a boatyard on your left
- Turn into Hippersons Boatyard immediately before the 30mph speed limit signs
Parking and Hippersons Boatyard
Considerate parking is permitted in the boatyard through the
generosity of Hippersons Boatyard. Note that the yard has implemented new rules as part of their Covid-19 response:
- There are two Customer Parking spaces, labelled Waveney Stardust, which can be used for cars during a cruise.
- Having parked Customers must ring the Boat on 07503 484343 BEFORE getting out of their car (number in confirmation).
- Dropping people off near the top of the gently sloping ramp is possible for minibuses but again Customers must stay in their vehicle and ring the Boat number for instructions.
- Minibuses are not permitted to remain on the boatyard during the cruise. There is a public car park in Fen Lane (see map).
- Your Booking Confirmation will include full details of how to access these.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on site.
Please note: It is your responsibility to check parking restrictions / arrangements on the day – WSTL cannot take responsibility for the suitability of parking arrangements for your cruise.